REACTION ON BEHALF OF THE CENTER “GENOCIDE IN KOSOVO – AN OPEN WOUND”Aandix
THE CRIME OF GENOCIDE IS NEVER AMNESTED!
Deeply concerned by the efforts of some public figures to tarnish the purity of our liberation war and grant amnesty the perpetrators of the genocide committed by the Serbian state in Kosovo, it is essential to remember that:
- On the day when the Albanian people commemorates the Meja Massacre as one of the most horrific crimes of genocide in Kosovo, it is to be regretfully noticed that even after two decades since the time when Serbian state committed genocide in Kosovo, justice has not triumphed!
- Over ten thousand families of the 1392 killed children, 1739 killed women and thousands of other civilians of all ages killed during the war in Kosovo are awaiting justice; Over twenty thousand Albanian women who were sexually abused are awaiting justice, while Serbia continues to deny to having committed these acts.
- In order to deny the veracity of genocide, the Serbian state exhumed thousands of civilian victims and tried to eradicate the traces of the crime. In addition to exhuming civilian victims, Serbia abducted thousands of Albanian citizens to be used as coinage. Over 1,600 Albanian families, who still do not know the fate of their loved ones, are waiting for justice.
- The list of the unpunished crimes of the Serbian state during the war in Kosovo is extremely long.
- The genocide in Kosovo is an open wound that requires fair treatment! Its denial is a grave insult to the victims, their families and the nation against which it was committed
- Statements that tarnish the Kosovo Liberation War and those that seek amnesty for the perpetrators of the genocide against the Albanians of Kosovo share the same objective: justify Serbia!
- Whether in human terms or under international law, the crimes of genocide never become obsolete and no one can grant amnesty to the perpetrators of this enormous wound to our people!
- The Western Balkans need peace, but a peaceful future cannot be built on lies and the denial of crimes. The denial of genocide undermines the construction of enduring peace!
- The recognition, acceptance and punishment of genocide in Kosovo help the healing of the open wounds and, one day, will make possible that the commonly pronounced promises of “GENOCIDE-NEVER AGAIN” to become reality
Geneva, April 27, 2020
THE CENTER “GENOCIDE IN KOSOVO – AN OPEN WOUND”